10.07.2011

two birds with one stone




This weekend welcomes the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur.
This is the time where we fast from sundown Friday evening until sundown Saturday.
We cleanse our bodies and minds of distractions so we can focus in temple all day!
As I have grown older I love these rituals as traditions. An excuse to experience something sacred with my loved ones, especially my grandparents.
Not only will I cleanse body, mind, and spirit.......I will also cleanse stomach, colon, and intestines!
Two birds with one stone!












 This is also the Indian New Year!
Happy Diwali!
  Diwali is also called the festival of lights, where people light their homes with oil lamps. It is a way to bless your home, your muladhara for the new year.




There are many energetic shifts happening at this time and whether you are honoring a specific tradition or not I wish you a light heart, a renewed sense of self, and open arms for this shift into the most amazing weather of the year!!

As a true Floridian I greatly look forward to this time of year. That crisp in the air, the smell of drying leaves, the shift from hot as shit to an enjoyable 75 degrees!! We aren't lucky enough to see these vibrant colors but we do get to wear sandals all year round!!
Bring it on!!
................................................................................................................................................................

A few more glances of Italy/ Spain...........................









Have a fantastic weekend!!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment