7.09.2012

Breakfast of Champions.....for real!

It is rare that I have the foresight or energy to fix a proper breakfast. I love soaked nuts and seeds, groats and fruit. It may not be the best "food combining" but it makes up for it in excellent nutrients and flavor!

I had an abundance of fruit that needed to be eaten so I made a fruit salad.
Mangoes from my parents neighbors, organic and free!!, black plums, pluots, and bananas.









Last night I put
1/2 cup buckwheat groats in a bowl of water and soaked until this morning.

I also happened to soak
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
in water for about 6 hrs.
( pate recipe to come soon!)


other ingredients:

coconut milk - or any other non-dairy milk
shaved coconut
hemp seeds
fruit
Rinse the oat groats really well
-they tend to get slimy when soaked-
put groats and some sunflower seeds into bowl
add fruit, coconut, hemp seeds, and milk.
If you like a sweeter taste add some maple syrup.


Easy peasy.....just how I like it!




*************************************************
I hope everyone made it to the ocean this weekend.
Crystal clear water and blue sky sunshine!!

For the first time in my life I am starting to get some arm muscles......
It's quite the process getting a 10'6 paddle board into an elevator, on top of my car, off the car, and to the water. That's the hardest part for sure!!

I love every second of it.

If you haven't tried it yet.... DO IT!!

It is yoga on water.
Focused, quiet, centered, and serene.

Have a fabulous Monday!

xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment