10.25.2011

It's official......




Pumpkins & Ghords & Corn........




OH MY!!!!

This is the first year I have actually decorated for the fall season. Not only Halloween but the whole feeling of the harvest and the colors that come with this wonderful time of year.

I am so inspired by the offerings of nature and especially the most amazing weather we've had in quite some time!


MANA

I spend a lot of time in my car & have finally bought a book on CD. The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.

It is an interesting offering of daily meditations and insights. Today he spoke of Mana. This is a word with origins in Polynesia and is used to refer to the, "extraordinary force, spiritual electricity, unconscious influence of one being on another".
This can be a person, animal, or maybe inanimate object.
It's so interesting to think about that magnetic pull that we have to certain things.

Mana is also described as the force behind magic.

I guess it's just the un-explainable.
...................................................................................................................................

Last night I taught for the first time in a while. With traveling and Jewish holidays going on I have been a little disconnected from my practice. I feel it for sure!!!
It was an awesome night, for me, to reconnect with everyone and to really find my voice again.
I love teaching and I love what yoga offers to anyone who practices.
Since I teach two totally different types of classes back to back I get to see how they can offer so many changes to different types of people.

I'm a yoga dork & I love it!!

..........................................................................................................................................

B12

This has become my greatest hurdle....this seemingly simple vitamin is quite the contrary.
Come to find out that being a raw/vegan carries a few complications.
In order for it to actually be a healthy lifestyle we have to supplement.....especially B12.

I watched a webinar yesterday offered by David Rainoshek who has studied and co-authored with Gabriel Cousens.

The jest of it was that even if you eat meat you are likely to be in some way deficient in B12.
The best way to up your levels, if they are severely low, is to have injections of Methylcobalamin. This is the human active strain.....all others are worthless.

Good to know!!

The next best are these patches that are small round discs that go behind the ear. Twice a week for 24 hrs at a time. 

Since I am having such problems with this and are already getting the injections I ordered the patches as soon as I heard of them!! I am going to test my levels again soon so we will see where they are.

Lacking in B12 causes all sorts of crazy complications & is also linked to Alzheimer's disease, infertility, and a long list of others.

When in doubt......take a B12 supplement!!


light & love
xoxoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment