5.10.2012

vegged out soup!



This is a lovely and yummy creation that happened when I needed to use a LOT of veggies that were just chillin in our frige!

Vegged Out Soup


Ingredients:

coconut oil
onion
garlic
cauliflower
green beans
carrots
tomatoes
celery
tempeh
kale & celery pulp ( leftover from juicing)
quinoa
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
bay leaves
dulse flakes
nori flakes




I started by sauteing the vegetables in the coconut oil
until softened

I added about 6 cups of water (or veg stock) or about 1 inch over veggies

add spices , quinoa, and tempeh

bring to a boil and then simmer just until 
veggies are soft and quinoa has fully cooked
( look for the little white tails to come off of each grain)




You can add ANY vegetables you like!

I topped it with some fresh arugula and nutritional yeast.

I love how the tomatoes burst with flavor and this is a great way to re-use your pulp from juicing.

Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment