1 medium onion chopped fine
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
20 oz can crushed tomatoes
( I used 5 medium sized fresh and crushed them myself)
2 cups water or veg broth
1/2 c millet (rinsed)
1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
1/4 cup capers
4 medium zucchinis
fresh parsley to garnish
next time I will add some sun dried toms for sure!
ORGANIC when possible!
-fine chop the onion and saute in the olive oil
until translucent about 3 mins
- add minced garlic
saute until fragrant
- add all spices, herbs, salt & millet
saute another 2 mins
- add tomatoes crushing them as you do so,
then add remaining liquid
- add broth or water
- bring to a boil, cover, and then simmer 20 mins
-pre heat oven to 350
- cut the ends off the zucchini and then cut them length wise in 1/2
- set them cut side down in a sauce pan
- fill pan with water until it hits half way up the zucchini
- boil for 5 mins
- set aside on plate to cool
- add capers & olives to millet mixture and saute another 5 mins
( until millet is tender)
- when zucchini is cool enough scoop out the meat of the inside leaving about 1/4 in
- add mixture to inside of zucchinis
-bake for 20 mins
- let cool & then garnish with parsley before serving
3 large portabello caps
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 clove garlic
pinch freshly ground black pepper
one gulp red wine
( for the shrooms.....you can have a glass!)
-On med/high heat saute sliced caps in coconut oil
-add garlic, seasonings, and wine
-saute until they shrivel up and they soak in all
of the goodness
- about 15 mins
- as long as they don't burn you can't over cook them!
BTW....the wine was only $9.99...organic from Publix.....nice!
Isa has an amazing catalog of vegan recipes.
This is one of my favorite.
It is light and refreshing....great for the hot summer!!
Happy Monday....have an awesome week.