11.09.2011

Kefir what?!!?

I am forever on the search for the best way to find balance in the body.

This means good poops....clear skin.....and no gas!!

Is that too much to ask for?

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I have had my fare share of issues with all 3 of these.
wha wha......

So...... I am going to hopefully create the all in one solution to my lifelong quest of balance in my gut.

 Drum roll please........




KEFIR!!!



 I have ordered Kefir Grains on Amazon ( Favorite Finds Page) and will use coconut water.
There are many ways to make Kefir, coconut water, plain water, milk, apple juice.


* youtube.com......amazing resource *

As long as there is a sugar source for the "grains" to eat they will create a fermented drink that is most amazingly healthy for the body.


There will be directions on how to "awaken" the grains if you have bought them dried.
You can also get them from a friend, they multiply every time you make a batch,  so you don't have to do through the extra hassle.



I had 2 thai young coconuts that I cut open and saved the water from.
I actually combined that with some water (filtered) to make a full liter in my jar.

Then add in the Kefir Grains.

Put in a seal-able GLASS container.

Sit in warmish dark place for 24-48 hrs.

When fizzy it is ready.



I have been drinking about 1/4 cup in the morning first thing on an empty stomach.
It tastes like a mix between vinegar and coconut water.
It's do-able and from what I read VERY worth it.
So far so good!!



" The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition."
- Thomas Edison


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment