11.10.2011

Sweet Tooth Fo Sho!

So..............

I have quite the ravenous sweet tooth.
Thats probably why I don't allow myself to bake anything.
I like to keep it savory!!

I also had a scary run in with some vegan chocolate chip cookies that ended up being greasy hard frisbees.

Until now......

Once I saw this recipe and had to go for it!!

Gluten free....vegan....NOT low fat.....Pumpkin Gooey Bars.

Yum & Yum






Ingredients:


3 cups gluten-free oat flour (make your own by grinding rolled oats in a blender)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for pan
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon gluten-free vanilla
2 cups allergen-free chocolate chips

What You Do:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly oil a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin with baking powder. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, one half at a time, and stir to combine. Mix in chocolate chips.

3. Pour batter into pan. With damp hands, press batter to evenly fill pan. Bake 18 minutes, and cool completely before cutting into bars.







Enjoy with some almond milk!!



Ta Da!!!


My co-workers will enjoy these because I surely can't keep them at home!!


I hope that everyone is enjoying this amazing weather!!

xoxo



1 comment: