11.25.2011

Post T-Day


Every year I am reminded about my most favorite meal.....Thanksgiving! Yesterday was full of delectable treats. My mother makes the most amazing cranberry sauce & vegan stuffing....thank you mom!! I tried a  new recipe myself.




Vegan Potpie
For the first attempt I thought it turned out pretty well.

INGREDIENTS

2 vegan pie crusts- or make your own dough
1 small head cauliflower
3 carrots
3 stalks celery
1 cup green beans cut 1/2 inch pieces
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 box shrooms- i used baby bellas
4 small purple potatoes
3 cups veggie broth
2 Tbsp Braggs
2 Tbsp cornstarch
salt & pepper to taste

serves about 6 people

- pre heat stove 425 degrees
- heat oil in large pan
-saute onion, garlic, and shrooms for 3-5 mins
-add remaining veggies and saute until they are almost tender
-add cornstarch with braggs in a separate bowl to combine
- then add mixture to veggies to thicken sauce
-line pie plate with one (defrosted) pie crust
- pour veggie mix on top of pie crust
-cover top with the other pie crust and pinch the ends to the pie plate
-poke 4 holes in top for ventilation.....and looks!
-bake for 30 mins or until crust is brown

The great thing about this pie is that you can add ANY veggies you like!

You can even get creative with decorating the top of the pot pie.



The most important part about the holidays is being with family and friends. It is always a great reminder of what really matters in this world. I heard on the radio this morning about a study that was conducted on over 1200 elders. When asked what the most important lesson has been in their lives the most popular answer was keeping the family together.

It may be challenging at times but I know there is nothing more important. All of the other amazing things in life will eventually fall away and we will be surrounded by the relationships that we have cared for and nurtured. I think that most of know that the hardest relationships are those with our family. No matter what.....we are connected!! What a gift to have that connection with someone. No one knows or sees us more clearly than our family. It can be a hard pill to swallow but one that allows us to grow into better people. 

I am thankful for my family. They help me to see my beauty and my flaws. They keep me safe and make me crazy. They comfort me and give me the space to learn my own way. I only hope to bring them as much love and understanding as they bring to me.

xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment