3.23.2012

wholey bowly!

This is today's creation for lunch!
 The only thing I can call it is a Whole Bowl!
It's a whole lot of nutrition and color packed into a bowl of goodness.




I started with some Kitchari ( kit- cha- ree )

1 cup red lentils (soaked over night)
1 cup brown rice (soaked over night)
2  sticks Kombu seaweed
10 cups water

Put ALL ingredients into a large pot and simmer for 1 hr.

This is a recipe I found in Sharon Gannons book
It is said to be an easily digestible ayurvedic food.

I love eating it plain....a little sprinkle of dulse on top.

I decided to kick it up a notch for lunch today!

I added:

carrots
homemade saurkraut
radishes
hemp seeds

I LOVE the color and how packed it is with nutrition.

Have an awesome day.

peace & light
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment