4.26.2013

Whirlwind...

It has been a crazy week.
A week filled with beginnings and endings.


It started in Charleston, SC.
My step-sister-in-law.....if you can follow that....is considering College of Charleston.
Such an awesome city with the most gorgeous architecture and gardens.
This wasn't my first time there but I definitely saw it through a different lens.

I was the adult chaperon and had a decade out of college.
What!?

Such an exciting and humbling experience!


My cousin just graduated from COC....this is her friend that I bonded with.






This mommy and 10 day old pup was in the front window of a store.
Goes to show the relaxed feeling of Charleston.

It was a great and very short trip.
************************************

The next day we headed to Maryland to celebrate the life and mourn the death of a truly inspiring and wonderful man.



I am honored to have known him and his family.
Jack is a "step-grandfather-in-law" to explain it best!

As we sat shiva and experienced the loss I couldn't help but notice the abundance of beautiful life around us.
The cherry blossoms and dogwood in bloom,
the tulips everywhere,
the over 800 people who came to pay their respects to this mensch of a man.


He will be missed but never forgotten.
********************************************

Today we are off to the west coast....Captiva!
The sand, water, and sunshine are ready for my arrival!!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy all that it has to offer.

L'chaim
xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment