1.07.2012

Finger Pickin' Good!



I am truly blessed to have a life full of amazing music. I grew up surrounded by classical through ballet and then classic rock from my dad. I then found my way through the "grunge" phase (not quite sure I'm out of it yet) and landed upon this amazing music called FUNK! My husband, being an amazingly talented guitarist, has flooded my ears with new sounds and new artists. I have never had so much fun watching and listening to music.

We frequent the Bamboo Room in Lake Worth, Fl which is a mecca for this type of experience. Small audience, intimate show, great vibe!!

Last night we saw George Porter Jr & the Runnin' Pardners.

George Porter, Jr. is best known as the bassist of The Meters, along with Art Neville, Leo Nocentelli and Joseph Zigaboo Modeliste. The group was formed in the mid 60's and came to be recognized as one of the progenitors of funk then called R&B.



It was the first time I saw almost everyone up dancing!!

...................................................................................

Next Saturday, Jan 14th, the power trio ( Josh ) has a show!!!

Swamp Grass Willies in Jupiter.

As always they will melt your face off for sure!


.......................................................................................

Have an awesome weekend.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment