1.04.2012

Sun Flax Crackers!!

My dehydrator has been calling my name lately!
It's been a while since I've made the time to play in the kitchen. I've missed it!

I happened to have soaked some sunflower seeds and was trying to figure out what else to add to make some crackers. This is what happened.......

1 c sunflower seeds soaked
1 1/4 c flax seeds soaked (makes them slimy and releases the goodness!)
celery....about 1 stalk
carrot.....1


I then added spices....you can mix it up however you like....get creative!
I added:
about 1 Tbsp Braggs Amino Acid
sesame seeds
turmeric....a few shakes
cayenne.....a little spice
dulse flakes....instead of salt
garlic powder
add water to desired consistency...it should be liquid enough to spread out onto your teflex sheet


I spread it out onto 1 sheet....it was pretty thick.....than dehydrated at 105 degrees for about 16 hrs.
Then flip it and dehydrate another 5 hrs.


Dehydrate until crispy.

I put mine into a container with a silica pack that I saved from some nori sheets! Keeps the moisture out.
(Thank you Linda Frees!!)


This is my bro, Daryl, who actually liked them!!

I think I'll call them Sun Flax Crackers......or.......everything but the kitchen sink crackers!

Normally I would have added tomatoes and maybe some kale....I didn't have it on hand so I just went for it.
Success!!

Live the Life you Love....Love the Life you Live.

xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment