1.10.2012

veggies win again!!

This is an excerpt from a site that I frequent. There is also a link to it on my main blog.



check it out for the full interview......

E: How did your role as the Executive Director for Earth Save International transpire? What sort of work do you do for the organization?
J: I was asked to come in as Executive Director about a year and a half ago and have been working on our Meals for Health Program, which we first launched this past spring. We took 20 food bank participants from the Sacramento Food Bank through a whole food, plant-based diet for 28 days. It was truly successful, even more so than predicted. All of the participants effectively completed the challenge. The average weight loss was 17 pounds, average reduction of prescription medications was 84%, and multiple common chronic non-specific conditions (like constipation, heartburn, and migraines) ceased! One woman went off her high blood pressure medication she had been on for 22 years prior to this experience within a couple weeks. Another woman was taken off of eight medications by the end of the 28 days. Blood pressure and cholesterol levels significantly decreased and the group and their families were exceedingly optimistic, energized, and committed to eating this way in the future. We are hoping to have this written up in the scientific literature, to create a film documentation of the program, and to generate a template usable by other groups nationwide.

I am so inspired by this and hope that everyone has someone to shed some light onto these lifelong treasures. We have control of our health by what we put into our bodies! 
simple.

Personally, I am back on track with the raw foods in my diet. I have MADE the time to create my old favs in the kitchen!! I feel 100x better and love being around all of the fresh whole foods. I may be sacrificing a little bit of sleep, but, I think it's worth it!!
Wishing you yummy fresh nourishment all-ways.
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment