2.29.2012

speed of sound

It is the last day of February!
Can you believe it?

March is set to be an amazing month. It starts with a weekend in Long Beach, California!!
I will be attending a conference for school, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, which will host many guest speakers. One will be Seane Corn who I am super excited to see. She has had a huge influence and has been an inspiration for my yoga practice and teaching style.

I will have lots to share when I get back!!

..................................................................................................

A new recipe.......from Barbara Mendez!!

I finally gave this recipe a try. My husbands favorite sauce is Pesto. Since we started dating I have been trying to make a tasty version that is vegan. Some have been edible and some not so much!
This recipe is the closest I have come to a great tasting green sauce!


KALE PESTO

INGREDIENTS

4 shallots
4 cloves garlic
1 cup nuts toasted, I used 1/2 walnuts & 1/2 pine nuts
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice ( to start )
pinch pepper
few pinches salt
big bunch of kale ( curly )( hard stems cut off )
pasta of choice

DIRECTIONS

-bring a large pot of water to a boil
-add shallots and garlic
-boil 3 minutes

-toast nuts
-put aside

-add nuts to high speed blender
-along with the evoo, lemon, pepper & salt

-add kale to boiling water for 10 seconds
-remove shallots and garlic first into blender
-then kale into blender

-blend until smooth

TASTE TEST!!

-add more lemon & spices if desired

I added a ton of lemon and a little salt.

Boil pasta, in the same water, I like brown rice or quinoa pasta.

Serve with salad, sundried tomatoes, or caprese salad!

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Have a beautiful day.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment