2.13.2012

What an amazingly beautiful and chilly weekend!!
I know it's pretty relative to say that 50 degrees is chilly, but, it was a welcomed change of season for us Floridians!!

Riding up to Ft Pierce....Brrrrr!


Saturday was an early morning and I was super motivated in the kitchen!
Walnut Tacos, Almond Pate, Sprouts, & Sauerkraut!!

This recipe was quick and easy!

WALNUT TACOS

Soak the walnuts - 2 cups- for 8-10 hrs in filtered water

Into the food processor:
walnuts
 handful parsley
handful cilantro
1 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp coriander
3/4 Tbsp nama shoyu or Braggs (strong taste)
pinch cayenne

I used Swiss Chard leaves as my tortillas....you can also use romaine!
Add some salsa, avocado, "cheeze", even a little hot sauce!
.................................................................................................
I also soaked a bunch of almonds for almond milk and had some left over to make an almond pate.

I basically threw a bunch of nutrient rich yummy foods that I had on hand into the processor.
celery
dill
parsley
hemp seeds
1 cup almonds
chunk of red onion
lemon!!
kelp granules
you can always add whatever spices you like


Add this to salads, sandwiches, wrap it in nori!!


I always add sea vegetables any chance I get. The kelp doesn't have a very strong taste but adds a lot of minerals.
.......................................................................................................

The Kraut is done!!

I was happy to finally put my stinky kraut into the fridge on Sunday!
I add it to salads and try to eat a pile with every meal.
Your gut flora will thank you!!


Enjoy this beautiful Monday!

Much Love.
xoxoxoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment