2.08.2012

fermented yumminess!

 I have a love affair with sauerkraut.....weird I know! My family brought me home the most amazing kraut from North Carolina and I just ran out of it.
What to do?

Make some more!!

I found a fermentation jug online and this is the first time I am using it. If it turns out well then I'll tell you where to get it!

I spent about an hr processing all of the green and purple cabbage. It took 4 heads to fill it and could have used half of another one.




It will take 4 days to ferment and then hopefully I will have yummy Kraut!! And a lot of it!!

Sauerkraut has amazing health benefits.
Cabbage offers a host of health benefits. It is high in vitamins A and C. Studies have shown the cruciferous vegetables can help lower cholesterol levels. Cabbage also provides a rich source of phytonutrient antioxidants. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties, and some studies indicate it may help combat some cancers. However, this already helpful vegetable becomes a superfood when it is pickled.


Learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/033659_sauerkraut_health_benefits.html#ixzz1lnytVFc5

I hope everyone saw the full moon last night. It was stunning.
Have a great day!

peace & light
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment